Translate

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Watch Out Brazil...Elder Arevalo is Officially in Sao Paulo! (Traveling Week)

Wow! It's been a crazy week. So much has happened to me this past week. I have no idea where to begin. I guess the easiest way will be to start at the very beginning.

Farewell Party
Friends and Family 

On Saturday, September 12, 2015 my family prepared a giant farewell party for me. We invited every person we could think of. We invited family and friends from all over Illinois. It was a great time, especially because we had a taco stand in our backyard. It was pretty awesome because I was able to get an unlimited amount of tacos, and see friends and family that I haven't seen in a long time. I also had a really cool cake that someone made for me that looked like a missionary with my name tag on it! I also had the wonderful Payne family make me the coolest cake pops that looked like mini missionaries. I was not expecting to have any of the cool things I received, and I was definitely not expecting to see all the people I did that day. I was very overwhelmed to see how many people actually took the time to see me. It was great.

Getting Set Apart

Kevin and Logan
On Monday, September 14, 2015 I was officially set apart as a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 7:00 pm at the Joliet Stake Center in Illinois. I was accompanied by my family members, a few close family friends, and the Stake President, who is President Guymon. He gave such a wonderful talk beforehand to all of us about the importance of my decision to serve a mission, and how blessed my family and I will be because of my choice to serve a mission. My set apart blessing was given by the Stake President himself, along with and accompanied by 11 other special men in my life. As I heard President Guymon speak I was overjoyed and fill with the spirit. I knew that I was making the right choice, and I knew that this was my time to serve the lord. It is definitely a day I will never forget. 

Goodbye at the Airport 
O'Hare Airport Chicago Illinois

Today it is Tuesday, September 15, 2015, and I will be flying out to Brazil today! My first flight is at 2:00 pm to Atlanta, Georgia. I will be flying with a good friend who will also be going to Brazil. His name is Logan. We will not be in the same missions, but we will at least get to be in the MTC at the same time, which is pretty cool. After we fly to Atlanta we will be going on a 9 hour international flight to Sao Paulo, Brazil! I am so excited! You have no idea! I will make sure to say my goodbyes, but I am more than ready to serve the lord with all my mind, might, and strength! 

First E-mail from Sao Paul MTC

Hi Everyone, 
I do not have a lot of time to write today, but I made it to the MTC just fine. I am having a great time. My MTC companion is Elder Peterson. He is from Dallas, Texas. I also sent you a photo of all the missionaries through one of the mothers phones. She was a mom who lived in Atlanta, Georgia and was kind enough to send a photo of ALL OF US at the airport to ALL the parents out there. It was cool to see her ask all the missionaries their mom/dads numbers. Oh by the way my p-day will officially be on Wednesdays, and I will be sending you emails on that day. I have all my luggage, and I am learning Portuguese with one of my roommates who only speaks it. Again, I am having a great time. I love you all. Also, I don't know if I will have time to send a photo but I will do my best! Also, please send me your emails. I will try to send this to everyone but I can't find my contacts on this computer. Thanks so much. I'll talk to you next week. 
-Elder Arevalo
Group of Missionaries in Atlanta Georgia headed to Sao Paulo

1 comment: