Translate

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

General Conference (Week 3)

Hi Everyone, 


Conference Week!


This week was a good week especially since it was conference week! I loved conference so much. There were so many great messages about how we can all become better people. We just have to make sure to not forget the messages we have been given and go back to what we were doing before. I got to listen to conference in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. I surprisingly understood a lot and I loved every second of it. 

I am constantly loving the people here, and just really focusing on the language. I am learning a lot on how to live on my own, and I am realizing what is most important in life. Family for sure is one that I know is one of the most important things in my life. I am also constantly learning the importance of giving my all today and everyday so that I can try to do better tomorrow. 

There still is never a dull moment with my new native, non native, Spanish, and English speaking friends! Thankfully I can basically talk to everyone here since English, Spanish, and Portuguese are the only three languages spoken here at the MTC.

I thought that during preparation days I wouldn't have as much time to write, but I am glad I get a good 45 minutes every week to write. I also love that I am getting way more sleep here in the mission field than I did at home! Everyone here is saying they are always tired, but I am so happy to be getting 8 hours of sleep every night! It's so nice haha. Also, I was a bit worried that somehow my clothes would turn out to be in a different color, but so far laundry has been a success! haha.

I also just want to mention the talk that was given during conference about mothers for a bit. The talk was definitely one that gave me a bigger appreciation for all my mother does for me. She means so much to me and she has helped me so much that I couldn't have had a better mother in my life. I honestly, have no idea if life was really tough for me before my mission because I feel better....no...I feel AMAZING out here in the mission field. I feel so spiritual and I feel like I can do anything. I love being out here with one purpose and that is to grow daily, and teach, love, and serve those here in Brasil. The gospel life couldn't be any more simpler and more fun! I don't mind studying Portuguese, teaching, eating, sleeping, and making friends for the next two years haha! Love you all. 

-Elder Arevalo 
General Conference Center -Salt Lake City, UT-

No comments:

Post a Comment