Translate

Monday, November 30, 2015

Entire City Shut Down (Week 11)

Belem, Brazil

Before I get to the juicy details of this week...It was crazy to see the entire city lose internet! No one was able to use it, or go online. It was as if the entire city shut down! It affected everyone....Including us. So today we had to find a spot in a different (yet close area) to which we could communicate with you all today. I must say that I was very sad that two of our planned baptisms that I mentioned last week failed to happen. We had such high hopes for them but they just are not coming to church and they have a pastor from a different religion living at their house. So that makes it a bit harder, but we will see how it goes. Another investigator we have is under age and his mom does not want him to get baptized, but we will do our best to change that...well, if we can actually get into is house first.
Like I said, I was sad to not have the baptisms, but one thing I have learned this week is that things happen on the Lords time, and not on mine. So that was a good lesson I got, but I am going to make sure I give them the opportunity to learn about the Gospel, and if they take that opportunity I will be the HAPPIEST man alive! If they don't, I trust that the Lord has a plan. I just pray that the people we teach continue to stay safe. One day, I know that they will enter into the kingdom of God. Which degree? I don't know but God will prevail. 

On another note...

Clothes get very dirty here. I have to wash my clothes a lot to keep my white shirts clean! I honestly do miss my parents telling me what to do...its a lot easier then asking myself what would my parents tell me to do in certain situations.

An update on my weight...

I am still the same weight! I haven't gotten fat....hallelujah haha. They feed us so much food here! 

I love you all so much! I hope you all had a great thanksgiving!
-Elder Arevalo 

1 comment:

  1. Because of city and air pollution is present the white clothes, get dirty very quick..

    ReplyDelete