Translate

Monday, November 2, 2015

The Second Biggest City in the World (In land area) Altamira! (Week 7)

Hello Everyone!


This past week I went from Sao Paulo to Belem to another location in Brazil called Altamira. Just to give everyone an inside look...Altamira is the second biggest city in the WORLD, but only because of the amount of land the city has...not because of its population or city size, but instead, for its land size. It is located in the state of Pará, in northern Brazil right by the Amazon river! The weather is very tropical and humid. Everyday is about 85-90 degrees. Altamira is served by Altamira Airport, which is were I flew to from Belem. The flight took about 4 hours and 40 minutes. It was fun flying in with other missionaries.


Since I've been here in Altamira, my new companion has been the greatest ever. His name is Elder Numbers and is now considered my dad and I am his mission son. haha! Elder Numbers is from Brasil and Utah. We both have really focused on heavenly fathers mission. We've have been constantly making new contacts and teaching the people here. We are currently teaching someone who will be going into the military soon. So far its going very well and I am so glad that my whole district is being patient with me and teaching me how to better speak Portuguese. They are so helpful! I made sure to attach a picture of me with three other missionaries, including Elder Numbers! 



The Food Is Amazing! 


I am really loving the food here and am using my water purifier to that the water doesn't make me sick. I have been eating A LOT haha. The food is something I will be enjoying everyday here for sure. I have been trying to find something called Açaí (pronouned a-sa-ee). It is a type of berry from the Amazon and it is so good! I can't explain the flavor, but wow...it's good stuff. 


Washing Clothes


Still no ruined clothes! So happy about that. We don't have a washing machine in our apartment, but the branch president lets us use his at his house, which is so kind of him and his family. Honestly, I feel like I am in Guatemala because there are a lot of similarities from when I've been in Guatemala with my family in the past. 


Please share this photo and please tell Ligia Barrera that I am doing great, and that I appreciate her email! I don't always get a lot of time to write to everyone! 

Love you all! Have a great week.
Elder Arevalo
Elder Arevalo [Far left] Elder Stiliviverson [Middle Left] Elder Santos [Middle Right] Elder Numbers [Far right] 
-Elder Stiliviverson is our District Leader and he is awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment