Translate

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Companions Are Like A Box Of Chocolates...(Week 59)

Hey Everyone, 

I don't have much time today, so lets get started...
I'm going to miss this guy!



Transfers happened! I am staying here as the District Leader with a new Elder fresh from the MTC who I will be train! His name is Elder Moraes! I'm really sad to see my old companion Elder Ferria leave, but that's how it goes here on the mission. They come and go and the memories of a great Elder are all we have after. 

This past week was great! We got:


6 baptisms 
1 Marriage
AND...I will be training again! I'm so excited! (Elder Moraes)  

Spiritual Experience:


So, when I was teaching Leo and Suelie and their children...they where a little scared about baptism, but they where completely ready! They just where a bit scared, and nervous. I was soon overwhelmed and inspired to open a scripture about continuting til the end, and when I read this scripture...they felt the spirit. I know they did, because I felt it and the spirit was just so SO strong in the room. They all said they will follow the savior and they decided to get baptized, and I know for a fact that they will love there Savior even more. The scriptures have the answer to everything. What a great blessing it is for us!  

My Testimony (Short Version)
My new greenie! I can't wait to serve with him!


I know the church is true. 
I know the Lord has a plan for us and he loves us.
I know that this Gosple changes peoples lives...in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!

The Mission Presidents Challenge:


As you all read last week. Our mission president gave us a challenge to 4 baptisms...
How is that challenge going for me you ask? Well, so we where in a trio and so we worked 2 areas at the same time. Of the 5 baptisms...my companion and I only get to count 1 for our area, and the other two Elders get to count THE OTHER 4 for their area. So technically we did the challenge, but we won't get recognition for it.
Don't get me wrong...I feel great knowing that I helped them get these baptisms, but I feel kinda sad becuase they didnt give us the blessings for our hard earned work...BUT who knows, maybe God has a better blessing for us. Only time will tell I guess. I just have to keep an eternal perspective and think positively. 

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the post, and I hope these are enjoyable for you all to read. I don't write a ton every week, but I do enjoy sharing my favorite moments of the week! Thanks all for reading. Love you all.

Love, 
Elder Arevalo

No comments:

Post a Comment