Translate

Monday, November 7, 2016

Everyone in White (Week 60)

The Baptism
 Hey Everyone,

I heard that Daylight savings time has finally come around to all of you this week. Here in Brazil we don't worry about changing the time. Anyway, this week was pretty amazing and here is why:

Fun Facts About New Companion: 
  • He is from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!
  • He is very new on the mission (1 week in the field)
  • He is a bit shy
  • He is funny!
  • A bit different than me, but I like him! 
I think its funny how both of my sons are from the same place (RIO), but they are both very different people. 
I think this is a sign that I need to go to Rio de Janeiro. Haha! 

Spiritual Experience:
So we planned to meet a family at their home around 7 at night on Saturday. Once we arrived they let us in, and this was our conversation:

Wife:       "Hello Elders Come in"
Me:         "Thank you" 
Father:    "Are you two in any rush to leave right away?
Me:         " No not really you are our last appointment. 
Father:    "Great! Then you two can stay for the "Ceula" (Its like Family Home Evening but for this other religion)

Now, we didn't want the pastor from the other church mad so we tried to get out of it by saying that it was far away and he said 

Father:    "No worries I will take you home after, you are our guest. 

So we stayed. I personally felt uncomfortable, but when we all prayed (I also said a personal prayer), and the spirit comforted me (even during the yelling and all the noises they call praying) and when the pastor tried to explain everything as to why they did what they did...he had no scriptural references.
My New Companion
The spirit guided me to the scriptures...I felt like I needed to at least do my best to explain my beliefs to those around me. I started to share some scriptures (with their permission) and I felt the spirit guide me towards certain ones, and you can see that the people where more interested and they felt the spirit. I know they did and the people liked us a lot better then the other pastor (I don't mean that in a prideful way). 

One man even asked us to give him a blessing haha! So cool! I felt the spirit and it was funny because after I finished talking...no one had anything to say. One more thing...these people who were in the other religion said that they where saying they turned to their church only because of this miracle or something...and then I once again felt prompted to share with them how I realized what I believe to be true. I told them that I prayed and that the Lord confirmed to me that I am on the right path, and that is what we need to do with all of our choices in our lives. 

So happy for these two!
During this entire thing my companion didn't have much to say (mostly because he has only been out here in the field for a week), but the one thing he did say to me was "Elder Arevalo you are crazy and bold. The pastor had no words after you spoke! You where just saying one scripture after other and it was incredible!" 

Marriage:

This week I also had the opportunity to marry a couple named, "Leo and Sulie". They where baptized and they where married last week. The marriage was simple and small, but they didn't care because they were just happy that their family and the president of the branch was there. So they loved it. 


Baptism:

Then there was the baptism. You can see (in the photos) that the family was so happy and so excited to make  ever lasting covenants to the Lord. I felt the spirit that day (for this family) and that they are very happy to be following the Lord. I know for a fact that the Lord has big plans for Leo and his family to be future leaders and a great blessing to other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment