Translate

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Pain Will Go Away (Week 76)

Hey Everyone, 


This week I got kinda sick! It's just a cold, but I am taking medication...nothing to really worry about. I'm sure I'll be good as new in no time. 

Anyways, I had a baptism this week! I will call him Carlos.

He is a young man who visited the church since he was young, but was never baptized. When we started to teach him he was amazing! His mom also knows a lot about the church, but she loves drinking alcohol more. So that is why she has never been baptized. Carlos on the other hand has always been scared to get baptized, because ever since he was young...all he ever wanted was to go to a church activities but his mom hit him, hurt him, and she just did not understand why he wanted to go to the church activities. 

Now in present day...he said,

"I want to be baptized, my mom will always hit me, but the best thing for me is to be good with God first and the hits will go away one day" 

This brought tears to my eyes. I have so much respect for Carlos. To see a young man go through what he has gone through just to be closer to our heavenly father makes me want to become a better person in every way. Let us not take advantage of what we have and who we have in our lives. I do not know why Carlos has this trial, but I hope and pray with all my heart that his mothers heart will be softened and opened one day. PLEASE pray for Him.


-Love, 
Elder Arevalo 

No comments:

Post a Comment