Translate

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

100% Of Love Is The Key (Week 37)

Hey Everyone, 

So this week I received a new companion. He is from Mozambique, Africa! His Portuguese is similar to Portugal so sometimes it's a bit different then my Portuguese, but I like that I get to learn new words and phrases from him. Anyway, my new companion is working very hard with me. We have been teaching lots of people, and I love it. I even learned something very powerful and very important too. I learned that this work needs to be done with 100% love. You cannot force anyone to know it is the truth...you want people to discover it for themselves! 
My New Companion

Let me give you an example of what I mean. My companion and I have been teaching an investigator for a long time. His name is "João". The other day I told him that I was very worried, and he asked me why. I explained myself and told him that I am very worried because I won't see him in the Celestial Kingdom, and I worry that he won't be able to receive all the blessings that the Lord has for him, and I told him how sad that makes me...(He is a very good friend of mine I want him to get baptized, but I cannot force him...but I can show him love) When I told him I was very worried he said he could feel the love my companion and I have for him. After much thought and prayer and told us he wanted to get baptized. What a blessing! I couldn't have been happier. He is now officially going to get baptized on the 18th of June of this month. 

Love is the key. It took me a long time to discover it, but love will bring people together and make the work go forth!

I ask all of you to please pray for the missionary work. I have seen the power of prayer work for other things and I know that it will help missionary work as well. I want this wonderful work to continue. Just imagine if we get everyone involved!? That is actually how missionary work is supposed to be. Everyone combines their efforts to bless our brothers and sisters. My personal goal is to be that unifying force that will bring people together to make the work go forth. Well, like I said...that's my goal. 

Love, 
Elder Arevalo 
Email: E-mail: kevin.arevalo@myldsmail.net 

No comments:

Post a Comment